While MDP will attempt to keep subscribers in the know at all times, there may be periods of time that we will be unable to man the post.
Cranston Flash Flood Meeting
18:00 – 19:30
Idyllwild School – FINAL
Bruce Barton, Director
- Event recap and situational update
National Weather Service
Local weather patterns (monsoons – difficult predictability, winter weather – higher predictability).
- Explanation of Flash Flood Watches and Warnings.
- Details about amounts of rain that may generate a debris flow.
- Reminder of Turn Around Don’t Drown.
Jason Uhley, Flood Control Director
Daniel Walsh, TLMA/Planning Geologist
Debris flow hazard areas.
- Private property mitigation actions.
- Further details about amounts of rain that may generate debris flow
- Discuss length of time the soil is at risk
Riverside County Sheriff’s Department
Lt. Zach Hall
- Details about evacuation plans during weather events.
Jerry Hagen, Emergency Services Coordinator
- Alerting tools (Alert RivCo)
- Social media and traditional media
- Preparedness steps – build a kit, create a plan
Caltrans and Transportation Dept.
Terri Kasinga, Public Information Officer
David Matza, Government and Legislative Affairs Liaison
Patty Romo, Transportation Director
- Roads and highways preventative measures
- Roads and highways response measures
CALFIRE Battalion Chief, Robert Fish
- Reporting on life safety or imminent property damage concerns.
Idyllwild Fire Protection District
Chief Patrick Reitz
- Local information
Supervisor Washington’s Office
Brian Tisdale, Sup. Legislative Assistant
Congressman Raul Ruiz’ Office
Lisa Rorick, Director of Constituent Services
Q & A (All)
The two care and reception centers in Garner Valley and Idyllwild were closed at 6pm once the evacuation orders were lifted. FF
Two care & reception centers are open for evacuated residents from #CranstonFlashFlood. Visit Pathfinder Ranch at 35510 Pathfinder Rd in Garner Valley or Idyllwild School at 26700 Hwy 243 in Idyllwild. EMS – FF