Cranston Flash Flood Meeting
18:00 – 19:30
Idyllwild School – FINAL
Bruce Barton, Director
- Event recap and situational update
National Weather Service
Local weather patterns (monsoons – difficult predictability, winter weather – higher predictability).
- Explanation of Flash Flood Watches and Warnings.
- Details about amounts of rain that may generate a debris flow.
- Reminder of Turn Around Don’t Drown.
Jason Uhley, Flood Control Director
Daniel Walsh, TLMA/Planning Geologist
Debris flow hazard areas.
- Private property mitigation actions.
- Further details about amounts of rain that may generate debris flow
- Discuss length of time the soil is at risk
Riverside County Sheriff’s Department
Lt. Zach Hall
- Details about evacuation plans during weather events.
Jerry Hagen, Emergency Services Coordinator
- Alerting tools (Alert RivCo)
- Social media and traditional media
- Preparedness steps – build a kit, create a plan
Caltrans and Transportation Dept.
Terri Kasinga, Public Information Officer
David Matza, Government and Legislative Affairs Liaison
Patty Romo, Transportation Director
- Roads and highways preventative measures
- Roads and highways response measures
CALFIRE Battalion Chief, Robert Fish
- Reporting on life safety or imminent property damage concerns.
Idyllwild Fire Protection District
Chief Patrick Reitz
- Local information
Supervisor Washington’s Office
Brian Tisdale, Sup. Legislative Assistant
Congressman Raul Ruiz’ Office
Lisa Rorick, Director of Constituent Services
Q & A (All)